The 17th International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management is concerned with all aspects of eliciting, acquiring, modeling and managing knowledge, and its role in the construction of knowledge-intensive systems and services for the semantic web, knowledge management, e-business, natural language processing, intelligent information integration, etc. The focus of the 17th edition of EKAW will be on Knowledge Management and Engineering by the Masses. Besides a research track, EKAW will feature a tutorial and workshop program, as well as a poster and demo track. The proceedings of the conference will be published by Springer Verlag in the LNCS series. Poster/demo notes and workshop/tutorial notes will be published separately in a companion booklet.
Download the conference flyer
The conference will take place at the Gulbenkian Foundation in Lisbon.
Submission: 18th of April 2010 Notification: 28th of May 2010 Camera Ready: 18th of June 2010
- General and PC chairs:
- Sofia Pinto (INESC-ID, Lisbon)
- Philipp Cimiano (CITEC, Universität Bielefeld)
- Workshop chair: Siegfried Handschuh (DERI, NUI Galway)
- Tutorial chair: Victoria Uren (University of Sheffield)
- Demonstration chairs:
- Oscar Corcho (UPM, Madrid)
- Johanna Völker (University of Mannheim)
- Ícaro Medeiros (INESC-ID, Lisbon)
- Andre Grandoch (CITEC, Universität Bielefeld)
EKAW 2010 will call for papers on the following general topics (more detailed topics will be published in the call for papers):
- Knowledge Management
- Knowledge Engineering and Acquisition
- Knowledge in Use
- Social and Cognitive Aspects of Knowledge Engineering
- Knowledge Management and Engineering by the Masses (special focus)
Further, EKAW 2010 will accept different paper types which will all have the same status in the proceedings:
- Standard research papers
- In-Use papers
- Problem analysis papers
- Reproduction papers
Proceedings of the conference will be published by Springer Verlag in LNCS Lecture Notes in Computer Science series. The LNCS/LNAI volume will contain invited papers and contributed papers. Poster/demo notes and tutorial notes will be published separately by the organising agency.
The Proceedings are available online here .